Maple Pear Steel Cut Oats
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats, dry (GF for gluten-free eaters)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter or olive oil (non-dairy butter for vegan)
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and chopped*
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Circle Back Farm organic maple syrup
- Optional Toppings: pecans, granola, nut butter
- Start your oats by bringing 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Once boiling add a pinch of salt and then your oats. Swirl to coat then cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the oats are tender.
- In the meantime, prepare your pears. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil or butter. Once bubbling, add brown sugar and stir. Then immediately add in pears, lemon juice and cinnamon and stir to coat. Cover to steam and soften the pears and cook for 10 or so minutes or until tender and golden brown. Once tender, remove the lid to allow them to caramelize a bit more. Remove from heat.
- Divide oats between two bowls and top with equal servings of pears. Top with maple syrup or any other additional toppings you like best.
Recipe inspired by minimalistbaker.com