Coconut Flour Cookies
Gluten-free, easy. Makes approximately 24 cookies.
- 1 cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, dried cherries or cranberries, chopped pecans (all optional).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add coconut flour, salt, and baking soda until mixture is combined. It may seem a little loose at first but the dough will begin to thicken as the coconut flour soaks up the liquid.
- Stir in chocolate chips, dried fruit, and/or nuts, if using.
- Scoop dough using a cookie scoop and flatten a bit. Alternately, dough can be rolled into logs in plastic wrap, chilled in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then easily sliced into 1/2-inch cookie shapes.
- Place cookies on the baking sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper) and bake for 13-14 minutes, or until the bottom and edges of the cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool on the pan, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely and enjoy!
- Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Cookies will last much longer (up to 7 days) stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe is adapted from Brittany Mullins blog, “Eating Bird Food“