Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This moist chocolate zucchini bread recipe is a lovely treat! With part whole oat flour & lots of zucchini, it's easy, delicious & healthy!
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water) or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup Circle Back Farm organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or sub another neutral oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup grated zucchini (squeezed dry and lightly packed in measuring cup)
- 3/4 cup flour blend
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a standard 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare flax eggs and let rest for 5 minutes. Then add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder, and whisk again.
- Next add the melted coconut oil and almond milk and whisk until just combined. If the batter appears too thick, add a touch more almond milk. But it should be thick and scoopable.
- Lastly, stir in chocolate chips. Then transfer batter to the loaf pan and top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean and the edges feel semi-from to the touch.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then carefully lift onto a cooling rack using the parchment paper. Texture is best when cooled completely. Will keep covered at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
Recipe inspired by minimalistbaker.com